Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Shadow man

Here he is again;
once my worst nightmare.
There's no saying goodbye.
He's with me for the long haul.
He lives within.
He is everything and nothing.
He is the shadow man.

Just because I can't see him,
doesn't mean he's not there.
He is always with me.
He is the shadow
I sometimes choose to hide in.
He is the shadow man.
He won't let me forget him.
I can't seem to forgive him.

During calmer times,
I know his reason for being.
I accept this as a necessary truth;
without him I would not know the light.

Sometimes I feel lost in him.
Sometimes I feel trapped by him.
Sometimes I cry out in panic.
Sometimes I shudder with dread.
Sometimes I believe he is more.
than just the shadow man.
Sometimes I believe he is the man;
and what he says goes.

He is only ever this;
no more, no less.
He is the shadow man




No comments:

Post a Comment