Saturday, January 5, 2013

leave me be

please....
leave me be !

if i want assistance
i will ask

not you though,
guaranteed....
why is that ?
simple really....

you seem invested
in managing my life's affairs

why ?

i don't know
i have no idea
i can only guess
and my guess is this....

if you're focused on me,
you're not focused on you

if you're not focused on you
you're not minding your affairs

if you're not minding your affairs,
how are you qualified
to manage anyone's affairs....
let alone mine ?

show me, please....
don't tell me !

if i wanted what you're selling
i would be first in line

i'm not though....
am i ?
have you noticed ?
obviously not

still, you're even more dogged with
what seems a compulsive obsession

i believe you don't care about me
i believe your crusade is self-serving
i believe you can't help yourself
i refuse to enable you
i refuse to comply

i understand you
more than you might imagine

your actions say more
than any well-intentioned words
could possibly convey

show me....please....
don't tell me !

and please, please, please....
leave me be !

and take that white horse
you came in on with you

it's stinkin' up the joint

please

No comments:

Post a Comment