Sunday, January 20, 2013

it's in the eyes

often i have found myself
faced with this dilemma
to place my faith and trust
with someone i don't know

it's in the eyes
they never lie
never have
never will

there are volumes
upon volumes
of all i need to know
staring there right at me
through that window
to the soul

it's in the eyes
they never lie
never have
never will

but am i looking
for the truth ?

or am i more than willing
to invest in the story
being sold ?

not in words
nor in prospects
but something in the eyes
always in the eyes

sometimes
i seem to choose
to disregard the signs
clear though they may be

sometimes i am blinded
by those eyes that gaze at me

it's in the eyes
they are awaiting

do i choose
to risk the danger ?

i have taken countless journeys
to great heights and depths
in the name of what i thought i saw
or hoped to see
in the eyes of one i loved

the signs were always there
with each and every one

the truth was glaring at me
was it truth i chose to see ?

i don't know
i don't think so

i preferred to chase the dream
than what my eyes did see








No comments:

Post a Comment