Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I have lied

I lied when i spoke of that night
I did not die as I wanted you to believe
Few men have done what my dad did to me
while engulfed in a fit of murderous rage.

He took me up by my seven year old neck,
proceeded to strangle my life's breath away.
I found myself sinking into a pinpoint of light
This was it, I was dying, no doubt about that.

The last I remember, as I began to black out,
were the eyes of the beast my dad had become.
Just at the moment it seemed life was over
he came to himself, then loosened his grip,
and i slipped like a rag-doll onto the couch.

I've told all the world it was murder he'd done
I just hadn't died through no will of his own.
But the pure holy truth, is that it was he
who saved me from death on that night.

I have so wanted justice, to see that he paid
for the suffering I have endured til this day.
Though I hung at the end of those furious hands,
I cannot ever judge the man who chose to let go.

I've cursed and damned him before all the world.
Now I thank him for each breath I'm able to take.


No comments:

Post a Comment