Sunday, May 19, 2013

invisible friend

"who are you talking to, billy ?"
my mum used to ask
"to my invisible friend !"
is what i said and it was true

well, didn't everyone else
have an invisible friend ?
someone that would always
be there through thick or thin

many years have passed
life hasn't gone as i'd hoped
i spend most of my time alone

still i find myself here
quite often it seems these days
talking and chattering away

if my mum were still here
i know what she would ask
"who are you talking to, billy ?"

the reply would be the same
"to my invisible friend !"
who's been with me all along

there aren't so many days left
i'm told by the powers that be
as i gaze at these last words
i hear mum's voice as she asks
"who are you talking to, billy ?"

"to my invisible friend !"
is my answer as always
"to my invisible friend....
who, it turns out, is thee !"

No comments:

Post a Comment