Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I believe you

I finally turned to you for comfort
as I feared I'd lost my soul

Many things had to fall in place
for me to choose to call.

You once proclaimed an oath
one I believed you would honor

It took so much for me to swallow
what remained of pride or prejudice.

I needed you
I trusted you
I believed that you'd would honor
that sacred promise made back then.

But....

When I found myself defeated,
lost and broken at your door;
though I knocked long and hard
there would be no answer.

I could hear you shuffling there.
I could smell you cowering there.
I could hear your silent scream in there
for me to go and stay away.

Yet....

Here we find ourselves again,
humbly bowing at the feet
of our holy blessed Father.
and when I see you at the altar
and we embrace in our communion
and I hear your solemn oath declared
as I'd heard it many times before:

I believe you.

I believe that you will be there
when the night is at it's darkest,
and the solitary silence shrieks.

I believe you.

And I will turn to you again
because you vowed to be of service,
though you keep your doorway barred
another thousand times or more.

I believe you.






No comments:

Post a Comment