Wednesday, December 5, 2012

breaking the cycle

i've mostly forgotten the crimes and the sins
god knows i can never forgive

that violent cycle needed to be broken
it seemed to be me that was destined for this

he who's decided to further the farce
and play bully-boy til this day

he is the one that stirs a deep wrath
as i still bear the scars of one just like him

i'm told to forgive him, it's the best thing for all
if this could be done it would be finished by now

but the ghost of that ultimate bully lives on
in the guise of the next one who crosses my path

forgive him, just what does this mean ?
sit back and allow the abuse to continue ?

forgiveness must come from a far greater power
as it's truly beyond me to accomplish this task

it's clear now why we threaten each other
the buck stopped with me....and not yet for him

there's only one way foregiveness can happen
not by my will....but through god's grace alone




No comments:

Post a Comment