Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Call of silence

The clutching claws
and voracious jaws
of worldly machinations,
won't let me exit quietly
without a price to pay.

I hear the call of silence
like a thousand banshees
screaming in my brain.

Come to me.
Come to me now.
I am the one that offers solace.
In me you shall find peace.

No longer does the hustle
or the clamor hypnotize me,
so to become entangled
in that tricky sticky web.

Out here on the edge,
just beyond the city limits,
the flicker and the glitter
and perpetual sussing hum
still captivates my fancy.

So I linger on the fringe,
neither here nor there,
just waiting, only waiting,
for what, I don't have a clue.

I'm still not yet convinced
that this piercing silence,
which beckons from
some primal wilderness,
will not crush me neath
an endless emptiness.





No comments:

Post a Comment