Tuesday, June 19, 2012

i am not safe

The doctor tells me I am safe.
The preacher proclaims that love will conquer fear.
The old-timers declare no need to be afraid.
My mentor points out I shall not come to harm.
Yet I am afraid.
This fear lives inside the center of my belly;
larger than terror,
deeper than horror.
This fear is much older than me.
It has been here since before me.
It is the only thing that is true.
It is not the end I dread.
It is believing the truth I know in the center of my belly, is false.
It is believing those who seem to know more
about me than what I feel from inside the center of my belly.
These people who mean so well.
These people descended from murderer's, thieves and liars.
These people who daily sell their integrity
in the name of some future
that will never come to be.
For the sake of the children.
So they say.
So they seem to believe.

I am not safe.
When I feel safe,
I will know that I have abandoned my truth
I am right to be afraid.
Each of you know within the center of your belly.
I will be sacrificed
on some bloody altar.
Or someone like me.
Or worse, it might be you.
It is only a matter of when, where and how.
It is older and deeper than you, or me, or us.
It is older than the whale or wolf or desert creature.
It is the only truth that can be
living within the center of our bellies.
We must be as one.
We must be strong.
We must remain united.
We will do what we must.
We will cull the pack.
We must.
There is no other truth possible.
I know I am not safe.
I am right to know this.
This is the only truth that speaks to me
from inside the center of my belly.







No comments:

Post a Comment