Thursday, April 26, 2012

sins of the fathers

my father, you have murdered me
too many times to count
each death more cruel and ruthless than the last
i understand now why i had to perish
as my love was far too much for you to bear

i could not ever lie for you
and this would not suit your needs
if only i had found a way to lie for you
i then would not have had to die for you
there was no role for me in your unholy script

your father must have killed you many times
long before i ever came along
my fate was sealed in blood and stone
by your father's father's father
and those before who fought and strove so he and his might live

how can i blame thee who spawned this unlikely victory ?
when it was you who died a thousand brutal deaths
and so, was compelled to slay your only son endlessly
how could you know the peace i have been blessed with
one you dared not ever dream for in your days

my father, you have murdered me
oh so many times til now
and though each death more painful than the last
had i not been slain by you those myriad of times
i would have never known the healing grace of life reborn





No comments:

Post a Comment