Wednesday, March 28, 2012

the reaper

i sense you there in the hollow shadows

not with my eyes, which always tell me lies

nor with my heart, which often leads me astray

but the knowing of my soul could not mistake you ever

that coal-black hooded cloak could ne'er disguise your grim intent

the sybilant scythe you wield subtly whispers of reaping yet to come

i know the seeds which i have sown and embrace them every one

though misguided, misdirected and driven by a thousand errant forces

they were scattered each of them with true and noble youthful vigor

i understand now who and what you are and why you hide those empty eyes

i have died too many deaths and been reborn, to fear one such as you pretend to be

you are less than nothing, just another tattered coat hung upon some midnight hook

i rest now with a calm and sweet resolve, as holy mother of all holds me to her tender bosom

knowing deep within my being that you are less than nothing

less than nothing at all






















No comments:

Post a Comment