Friday, February 24, 2012

popularity contest

life is not a popularity contest
if it were, these lines would certainly not appear
if things i do or words i speak determine who or what you choose to see
it seems you've missed the point and fail to witness me
i soar to lofty heights and sometimes sink to shameful depths
as well as all there is between
still i lay my willing heart and soul upon the sacred altar
why ?
why indeed ?
why not ?
who is it i need to please ?
if i orchestrate my every move to gain your sure approval
i'd be the one to miss the point and fail to witness me
you see ?
yours and my opinions are like wispy clouds that pass on by
i wish to come to know and trust the one true shimmering sun,
which is always there on high
thus where and how i step shall not e'er be chose by me....or thee

  


No comments:

Post a Comment